Software supportpage 3 - Installation
Software support – Page 3 – Installing on Windows Machines
Images on the page can be enlarged
Step 3 – Start the installation software
3.0 Info Step – To understand the process, we will now install the software that can handle, add and remove the Photoshop plugins, that is, the software (s) you purchased.
Step 3.1: SWITCH OFF THE PHOTOSHOP if it is turned on
Step 3.2: Go to the “Extension Manager Win” Folder and Start the installation software. Press the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON on the ExtensionManagerInstaller_win.exe file
Watch out! A classic double click probably won’t be good!
3.3 Step – In the popup menu that appears, select the “Run as an administrator” option !!
Watch out! A classic double clicks probably won’t be good!
Depending on the machine settings, you can often only modify files in the Windows >> Program folder with this permission. It is definitely worth installing this way
Step 3.4 – In the pop-up warning box, accept YES, you consent to the installer doing its work on your machine.
Step 3.5 – Depending on your machine settings, you may receive another window to install this software only for your user account or for all users. Think about it and choose it.
Step 3.6 – Complete the installation by clicking the “Continue button” several times. If you want, you can set the usual installation items in the meantime, but you don’t have to.
If all is well, you will see the final screen below. There are two options here
- if you now want to start the installer immediately and install the purchased software, CHECK the “Launch Anastasiy’s Extension Manager” checkbox.
- If you want to install later, DO NOT CHECK the box
- In both cases, click the “FINISH” button!
BEWARE OF ERROR POSSIBILITY !!
If the installation is interrupted for any reason. Then obviously you will need to start the installer another time!
In such cases, ALWAYS start the installation software by pressing the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON and then in the windows that appear as “Run as an Administrator”!
Then click “Yes” to allow the changes. See the examples below (zoomable).
4. also the final step of the installation of the purchased plugin:
In this step, the Extension Manager adds your purchased plugin to Photoshop
If you stopped and restarted the installer, remember
1. If Photoshop is running then shut it down!
2. Start the Extension Manager as described above. Remember >> right mouse button >>run as administrator!
The Extension Manager program opens! Within it, on the left, it will list the installed ADOBE software (Adobe is the company that makes a lot of the software) including Photoshop!
Step 4.1 – Select Photoshop with the mouse on the left. So your add-on will settle here
Step 4.2 Then click the Install button. A file browser window will appear. Look for the .ZXP file you downloaded previously. Eg: InstantSave.zxp or MagicSharpen.zxp
- select the .zxp file with a single mouse click
- then press the OPEN button in the window.
Possible Error - Photoshop is not listed
If the Extension Manager doesn’t print the Photoshop Program on the left, you probably have an illegal version or an accented character in the program path!
Solution: You need our manual installation option! There was no computer yet on which we could not put our software on. Here’s how it goes:
4.4 Verification step:
If all went well, you will receive a confirmation message that the installation was successful. And you can also see the add-on you installed on the right. If your Photoshop was running on the fly, restart it now or you won’t see the add-on!
Did you receive an error message? – Installation failed?
There are two main possible errors here:
1. If the installation went without an error message or with a SUCCESSFULLY Installation message, but you can’t find the plugin in Photoshop. Than your Photoshop version is probably not supported >> please go back to the Software Support main page and check the System Requirements section there ( can be found at the bottom of the page)!
We also write about compatibility on the product sales pages!
Solution: switch to another supported Photoshop version
2. If the installation software already tells you that the installation failed. eg: Unsucessfull, Error, Failed words are included during and after installation. Although it is more alarming at first, the solution is easy.
The Extension Manager Program is not developed by us. Unfortunately, most installation problems are related to this.
In this second case there is no problem leaving for another 5 minutes and we will solve it differently! Click the button below: